25 Fun Facts About Pizza Hut! (From Red Roof to the Crown Crust)
- Pizza Hut was founded in 1958 by Dan and Frank Carney in Wichita, Kansas.
- The largest Pizza Hut restaurant in the World is located in Kuwait and can seat over 700 people
- In 1971, Pizza Hut introduced their Famous “Red Roof” design, which is now a recognizable Trademark of the Company.
- Pizza Hut has over 16,000 locations in over 100 countries around the world.
- The First Pizza Hut restaurant was a small, 600 square-foot building that only had seating for 25 people.
- The First Pizza Hut delivery in the United Kingdom was made in 1973 to Buckingham Palace for a Royal Banquet.
- In the 1970s, Pizza Hut was the First National Pizza Chain to offer a vegetarian topping option.
- Pizza Hut has a number of International Locations that serve unique menu items, such as the “Pizza Mia” in Brazil.
- Pizza Hut is the Largest Pizza Chain in the United States, with over 7,500 locations.
- Pizza Hut serves a unique menu item in Canada, such as the “Taco Pizza”.
- Pizza Hut has a loyalty program called “Hut Rewards,” which allows customers to earn points towards free pizza.
- Pizza Hut’s “Book It!” program, which encourages reading among children, has been in operation since 1984.
- Pizza Hut has a number of Innovative Ordering Options, including the ability to order online, through their app, or even by tweeting a pizza emoji to the company’s Twitter account.
- Pizza Hut has a number of international locations that serve unique menu items, such as “The Crown Crust Pizza” in the Middle East.
- In the late 1990s, Pizza Hut introduced their “Stuffed Crust Pizza,” which features Cheese Stuffed inside the Crust.
Table of Contents
Fun Facts About Pizza Hut
Here are 25 fun facts about Pizza Hut:
1. Pizza Hut was founded in 1958 by Dan and Frank Carney in Wichita, Kansas.
Pizza Hut first began its venture into the international restaurant business in 1958. Two ambitious brothers, Dan and Frank Carney decided to put their dream of a successful business into action.
With ingenuity and vision, they chose Wichita, Kansas as their ideal launching point. Years later, they sit back and take pride in knowing that what started as a simple idea brought forth one of today’s most recognizable establishments.
2. The First Pizza Hut restaurant was a small, 600 square-foot building that only had seating for 25 people.
The very first Pizza Hut restaurant was located in Kansas and had incredibly humble beginnings. With only a 600 square-foot building, the doors of this particular establishment welcomed up to 25 guests at any given time.
It wasn’t much by today’s standards but it nonetheless remains as an important landmark in the iconic pizza chain’s storied history.
Looking back, it is easy to see just how quickly the humble concept rose to become an establishment loved far and wide; from that small footprint quickly surged multiple franchised locations across numerous countries today.
3. Pizza Hut was the First National Pizza Chain to offer Delivery Services.
Pizza Hut was the vanguard of a long line of restaurants that helped to introduce Americans to the convenience of pizza delivery.
By making this service available, they provided an option that went beyond traditional takeout and allowed them to enjoy the delicious dishes without ever leaving their homes.
It changed the pizza industry forever and made it easier than ever for people to get their favorite food any time they wanted it. In opening up these new possibilities, Pizza Hut revolutionized the way people consumed pizza.
4. In 1971, Pizza Hut introduced their Famous “Red Roof” design, which is now a recognizable Trademark of the Company.
In 1971, Pizza Hut sprang an iconic surprise on the world: a unique ‘Red Roof‘ design. This defining visual style, instantly identifiable to all of us, has become a key part of the company’s globally recognizable brand identity and an infallible mark of their presence in over 95 countries all around the world.
In addition to showcasing the style and pizzazz of Pizza Hut as a brand, this simple yet adored identified design proudly symbolizes their successes in every town or arena for which it appears.
With each bite out of Pizza Hut pie beneath that famous Red Roof, we’re sure to have come back for more!
5. Pizza Hut has over 16,000 locations in over 100 countries around the world.
Pizza Hut is part of the fabric that connects cultures and continents with its delicious cuisine!
With over 16,000 locations in more than 100 countries across the globe, Pizza Hut is a true symbol of international culinary delight. From Italy to India, Argentina to Australia, Pizza Hut can be found somewhere in every corner of the earth!
It’s no surprise why fans from around the world know that when it comes to great food and good conversation, Pizza Hut is their go-to destination.
6. The largest Pizza Hut restaurant in the World is located in Kuwait and can seat over 700 people.
Did you know this fun fact about Pizza Hut? The world’s largest Pizza Hut restaurant is located in Kuwait.
It dwarfs many other restaurants and can accommodate more than 700 diners! This location stands out from any other –it has a capacity over four times the size of traditional restaurants. It boasts seating arrangements for card parties, large tables to accommodate families, and so much more.
With a never-ending supply of delicious pizza, plus the typical offerings of salads, wings and different flavors of soft drinks; this Dream Eating Palace is legendary in the food industry.
READ ALSO: 22 Fun Facts About Subway
7. Pizza Hut has a number of international locations that serve unique menu items, such as “The Crown Crust Pizza” in the Middle East.
Pizza Hut is all around the globe, with each location offering its own unique selection. For example, in the Middle East visitors can discover their famous Crown Crust Pizza.
It’s topped off with a tantalizing ring of mini cheeseburgers which tantalize taste buds and make the pizza one to remember. With Pizza Hut’s global presence, there are culinary creations waiting to be explored in every corner of the world.
8. Pizza Hut is the Largest Pizza Chain in the United States, with over 7,500 locations.
Pizza Hut has become an American household icon, with over 7,500 locations across the country.
It is currently the largest pizza chain in the United States. Unparalleled service and mouthwatering pies have turned it into one of America’s most beloved cuisine brands.
From deep dish to thin crust, Pizza Hut has a pie to satisfy all taste buds. Its network of restaurants has established a place in our culture, making diehard fans out of pizza lovers nationwide.
9. The First Pizza Hut delivery in the United Kingdom was made in 1973 to Buckingham Palace for a Royal Banquet.
In 1973, Pizza Hut made history when they achieved a truly special feat: they became the first restaurant to deliver pizza in the United Kingdom. To mark this impressive milestone, they did something unparalleled.
They received the novel commission of delivering a whole variety of pizzas to Buckingham Palace for a grand and lavish royal banquet that same year!
It was quite the honor to form such an important part of a once-in-a-lifetime event and remain part of British dining lore. Thanks to this incredible moment, Pizza Hut remains “the country’s largest leading pizza delivery business!”
10. Pizza Hut has a number of Innovative Ordering Options, including the ability to order online, through their app, or even by tweeting a pizza emoji to the company’s Twitter account.
Pizza Hut is a leader in innovative ordering options and convenience for their customers.
They provide a wide range of options, including the ability to order online, through using their app, or even by simply tweeting a pizza emoji to the company’s Twitter account.
This level of detail provides superb customer service without needing to waste time calling and waiting. Plus, you can rest assured your order will arrive with great accuracy.
11. In the late 1990s, Pizza Hut introduced their “Stuffed Crust Pizza,” which features Cheese Stuffed inside the Crust.
Back in the late ‘90s, Pizza Hut changed the pizza game with their revolutionary new creation: the Stuffed Crust Pizza.
Offering up a cheesy surprise encased inside the crisp, golden-baked crust, their innovation sent lovers of pizza everywhere to scatter excitedly to get a bite.
Automatically raising expectations when it comes to classic Italian pizzas, this product pushed the boundaries to a whole new level!
12. Pizza Hut has a Number of Vegetarian Options on their menu, including a vegan “Impossible Pizza” made with plant-based protein.
For those seeking a more veggie-friendly option, Pizza Hut has a selection of vegetarian dishes. Their menu is sure to impress any plant-based eater, featuring enticing options from across their palette.
From grilled veggie pods and veggie specialty pizzas to their signature vegan “Impossible Pizza,” made with flavorful plant-based protein that is sure to please the whole family.
Don’t miss out on a delicious experience perfect for enjoying meals without compromising taste or texture.
13. Pizza Hut has a long history of supporting charitable causes, including partnering with the National Breast Cancer Foundation to raise money for breast cancer research.
Pizza Hut has long been a promoter of numerous charitable causes. For example, it has partnered with the National Breast Cancer Foundation to help lead fundraising activities for Breast Cancer research.
Since forming this alliance, Pizza Hut has donated millions of dollars to the organization’s efforts in this area and continues to be an advocate for safe, effective treatments for individuals around the globe.
By committing itself to use its resources and voice to create meaningful change in communities across the world, Pizza Hut is making a significant social impact.
14. In the 1970s, Pizza Hut was the First National Pizza Chain to offer a vegetarian topping option.
In the 1970s, Pizza Hut was amongst the first restaurants to think outside of the box and cater to some alternative dietary preferences.
As one of the largest national pizza chains at the time, it sent ripples both inside and outside of the industry when it announced a vegetarian toppings option on its menu. Thus began a shift in how large-scale chains approached changing tastes and expectations.
From that point onwards, vegan and vegetarian options became more prevalent, making delicious food sources available to an often overlooked segment of food lovers across America.
15. Pizza Hut has a loyalty program called “Hut Rewards,” which allows customers to earn points towards free pizza.
Have you ever wanted free pizza? One way to make that dream a reality is with the Hut Rewards loyalty program from Pizza Hut.
With this program, customers are rewarded for their purchases with redeemable points.
As customers accumulate these points, they can use them towards free menu items from Pizza Hut such as piping hot pizza, mouthwatering sides, sweet dessert snacks, and more. The rewards for loyal customers never end!
16. Pizza Hut’s “Book It!” program, which encourages reading among children, has been in operation since 1984.
For the past 35 years, Pizza Hut has been encouraging children to brush off the cobwebs on their bookshelves and develop an enduring love of reading with its “Book It!” program.
Through its unique prizing idea, kids have become more motivated to not just read but to read more. The Book It! program has been going strong since it was first launched in 1984.
Ever since then, millions of children around the globe have reaped the benefits of having a chance to earn money and treasures all while progressing towards achieving personal literacy goals.
17. Pizza Hut has a number of international locations that serve unique menu items, such as “The Hot Dog Stuffed Crust Pizza” in the United Kingdom.
Pizza Hut is a well-known international chain, featuring locations across the world. At these locations, menus are filled with unique items tailored to individual tastes.
For instance, folks in the United Kingdom can enjoy something quite special at Pizza Hut — “The Hot Dog Stuffed Crust Pizza.” This original menu item is sure to tantalize taste buds, leaving customers wanting more!
18. Pizza Hut was the first National Pizza Chain to offer a Gluten-Free crust option in the United States.
Pizza Hut revolutionized the pizza industry in 2015 when it became the first national pizza chain to offer a gluten-free crust option. This move gave customers more product choices and helped to further expand the pizza market.
For those with gluten sensitivities or who followed a gluten-free diet, this opened up completely new opportunities to enjoy their favorite dishes without compromising on flavor.
The chain’s unique offer lead to a surge in sales as people were given an outlet to indulge in one of their all-time favorite desserts and meals.
19. Pizza Hut has a number of International Locations that serve unique menu items, such as the “Pizza Mia” in Brazil.
Pizza Hut is a truly global player when it comes to satisfying pizza cravings, with food menus customized to suit local tastes and preferences.
From their cheesy slices available in India to the “Pizza Mia” served in Brazil that can be enjoyed as a personal meal, or shared as an appetizer!
This miniature delicacy perfectly combines different textures and flavors all combined in one before being cooked to crispy perfection. Every pizza from Pizza Hut promises fresher ingredients and tastier toppings.
READ ALSO: 23 Interesting Facts About Starbucks
20. In the 1980s, Pizza Hut introduced their “Pan Pizza,” which is made with a thick, buttery crust.
In the 1980s, Pizza Hut shook up the pizza world with their revolutionary creation: Pan Pizza. This robust pizza was made with a thick, buttery crust that quickly became a fan favorite.
Folks from all over went wild for the new recipe, and Pizza Hut continued to update it to perfection.
Now, Pan Pizza is an iconic symbol of deliciousness for cheesy pizza connoisseurs everywhere!
22. Pizza Hut serves a unique menu item in Canada, such as the “Taco Pizza”.
Pizza Hut is a well-known restaurant chain spanning thousands of locations throughout the world. Each one serves classic Italian dishes, as well as signature menu items and customizations tailored to local demands.
In Canada for instance, Pizza Hut customers can enjoy the quirky “Taco Pizza”, topped with all manner of Mexican toppings that maintain an aromatic yet flavorsome spice profile.
23. In the early 1990s, Pizza Hut introduced their “Bigfoot Pizza,” which was a large, rectangular pizza that was meant to feed a group of six or more.
In the early 1990s, Pizza Hut made a move to reinvigorate its menu. Drivers of delivery cars were suddenly carrying something somewhat unheard of – the hotly awaited Bigfoot Pizza.
This stylistic shift came in the form of a big, rectangular pizza to meet the needs of a large crowd. Easily able to feed six or more hungry mouths at once, it wasted no time in becoming an iconic staple in households all around.
READ ALSO: 23 Interesting Facts About Starbucks
24. Pizza Hut serves another unique menu item, such as the “Pizza Al Taglio” in Italy, which is a large pizza that is cut into small, rectangular slices.
If you travel to Italy and visit a Pizza Hut, you’ll find something unexpected on the menu: “Pizza Al Taglio”.
This dish is unique to Italy and takes the form of a large pizza, but with a twist. The pizza is cut into small, rectangular slices — perfect for quickly snacking on during a busy day out.
Unlike regular pizza slices, “Pizza Al Taglio” provides an alternate way to enjoy your favorite flavor profile.
24. Pizza Hut serves another unique menu item, such as the “Pizza Hut Curry” in Japan, which is topped with curry sauce and vegetables.
Pizza Hut knows how to take pizza to the next level! From their iconic menu items, they offer unique toppings like the birthplace of sushi.
The Pizza Hut Curry hails from Japan, bringing classic curry sauce with veggies resting atop an irresistible crust.
Simply put, it’s the perfect pizza for any curry fan. It’s no wonder people make a beeline for this mouthwatering specialty; its rich flavor can’t help but have you coming back for more!
25. Pizza Hut was one of the First Pizza Chains to offer a “build your own pizza” option in the United States.
Pizza Hut pioneered the concept of customizing pizza by offering a “build your own” option. This option allowed customers to create pizzas with an abundance of toppings, unlocking a conveniently delightful experience in pizza consumption.
Now, customers could have their pizzas the way they imagined it, giving Pizza Hut an edge over other pizza restaurants. Whether it’s light or abundant toppings–or even a special selection of ingredients!
The sky’s the limit when it comes to crafting the perfect personalized pizza adventures concocted with Pizza Hut today!
Well, there you have it folks – a whopping 25 fun facts about Pizza Hut! From their famous “Red Roof” design to their innovative ordering options and unique international menu items, this beloved global pizza chain has a lot going for it.
Whether you’re a fan of their classic pepperoni pizza or love to try out their unique international offerings, there’s something for everyone at Pizza Hut. So next time you’re craving a slice (or a whole pie), make sure to keep these fun facts in mind as you chow down!
FAQs : Fun Facts About Pizza Hut
- Who founded Pizza Hut?
Pizza Hut was founded by Dan and Frank Carney in 1958. The two brothers started the company in Wichita, Kansas, and opened the first Pizza Hut restaurant in the same city. The original Pizza Hut restaurant was a small, modest operation, but the concept quickly caught on and the company began to grow. Today, Pizza Hut is one of the largest and most well-known pizza chains in the world, with locations in countries all around the globe.
- Who is the CEO of pizza hut?
As of 2021, the CEO of Pizza Hut is David W. Gibbs. He has been with the company since 2009 and has held a variety of leadership positions, including Chief Operating Officer and President. Prior to joining Pizza Hut, Gibbs worked for other major companies in the food and retail industries, including Yum! Brands, Inc. (the parent company of Pizza Hut) and Walmart. Under his leadership, Pizza Hut has continued to innovate and expand, with a focus on delivering high-quality pizza and other menu items to customers around the world.
- Where was the first pizza hut?
The first Pizza Hut restaurant was opened in Wichita, Kansas in 1958. It was founded by Dan and Frank Carney, who started the company with a small loan from their mother. The original Pizza Hut restaurant was a small, modest operation, but the concept quickly caught on and the company began to grow. Today, Pizza Hut is one of the largest and most well-known pizza chains in the world, with locations in countries all around the globe.
- What are Pizza Hut Sales?
Pizza Hut is a privately-held subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. and does not publicly disclose its financial information. However, Yum! Brands, Inc. is a publicly-traded company, and it includes Pizza Hut as one of its major brands. According to Yum! Brands’ 2021 annual report, the company had total revenues of $17.2 billion that year. This figure includes sales from all of Yum! Brands’ brands, including Pizza Hut, KFC, and Taco Bell, so it is not possible to determine exactly how much of this figure is attributed to Pizza Hut specifically. However, Pizza Hut is one of Yum! Brands’ largest and most well-known brands, and it is likely that it contributes significantly to the company’s overall sales.
- Does Pizza Hut have coke or pepsi?
Yes, Pizza Hut serves Coca-Cola products at its restaurants. Coca-Cola is a major sponsor of Pizza Hut and has a longstanding partnership with the company. Pizza Hut offers a variety of Coca-Cola beverages at its restaurants, including Coca-Cola Classic, Diet Coke, and Sprite. Other non-alcoholic beverage options may also be available, depending on the specific location. It is worth noting that while Pizza Hut serves Coca-Cola products, it is possible that other beverage options may be available at some locations. It is always a good idea to check with your local Pizza Hut to see what beverages are available.