25 Fun Facts About Billie Eilish
- Billie Eilish was born in Los Angeles, California, on December 18th, 2001.
- Her mother is a former actress, and her father is an alternative musician.
- She has two brothers – Finneas O’Connell and Ryan O’Connell – who are both musicians as well.
- Billie is the youngest person ever to be nominated for six Grammy Awards in one night and won five of them.
- Her fashion style is often described as “edgy” and “gothic.”
- Billie was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in 2019.
- She is a vegetarian and an animal rights activist.
- Her first single “Ocean Eyes” was released when she was only 13 and went viral, getting millions of views on YouTube.
- She often wears baggy clothes to hide her figure from the paparazzi.
- Billie has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars.
- She is one of the youngest people to ever be featured on the cover of Vanity Fair.
- Her brother Finneas is her primary collaborator, and has written many of her hit songs.
- Billie collaborates with Gucci and has been the face of their campaign.
- She appeared in the short film “Chernobyl,” directed by her brother Finneas.
- She often collaborates with other artists, including Khalid, Rosala, and Vince.
Table of Contents
Fun Facts About Billie Eilish
Here are 25 Fun Facts About Billie Eilish
1. Billie Eilish is a self-taught musician.
When she was just 13 years old, she started posting videos of herself singing and playing the guitar on YouTube. By the time she was 15, she had caught the attention of some major record labels.
2. In 2018, at the age of 17, Billie Eilish released her debut album.
Her album quickly became a commercial and critical success. She has won multiple Grammy Awards and is one of the most successful young musicians today.
3. Billie Eilish was born and raised in Los Angeles, California.
She was raised in a musical household and began writing and producing her own songs at a young age. Now, at just eighteen years old, she is one of the most successful young artists in the world.
READ ALSO: 20 Random Facts About Sirius Black
4. Billie Eilish’s full name is Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell.
This interesting factoid about the popular singer’s name might come as a surprise to fans. Billie Eilish’s birth name is actually Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell.
The ‘Pirate’ moniker was her mother’s idea, inspired by the unique style of her then-unborn child.
5. Billie Eilish’s mother is a former actor, and her father is a freelance graphic designer.
Billie’s parents were supportive of her musical aspirations from a young age.
6. Billie Eilish has four siblings: two brothers (Finneas and Matthew) and two sisters (Maggie and Kate).
Her oldest brother, Finneas, is a stage actor, and her other brother, Matthew, is a film composer. Both of her sisters are also involved in the entertainment industry.
7. Billie Eilish began writing songs when she was just 11 years old.
Since then, she has gone on to write many more songs and has become a successful singer.
8. When she was 12 years old, Billie Eilish recorded a song called “Ocean Eyes.”
It was written and produced by her brother Finneas. The song went viral on SoundCloud and has been viewed over 30 million times.
READ ALSO: 20 BTS Sad Facts That Will Make You Cry
9. In 2015, Billie Eilish collaborated with American rapper Vince Staples on a song called “Watch Me.”
The two artists came together to create a catchy tune with a message. The song is about how society can be judgmental and how people should be more understanding.
10. In 2016, Billie Eilish was featured on the soundtrack, for the film Suicide Squad.
The film, which starred Jared Leto and Margot Robbie, was a box-office success. Eilish’s song “Icarus” was well-received by audiences and helped contribute to the film’s overall appeal.
11. In 2017, Billie Eilish toured with American singer Khalid.
The two artists played to sold-out crowds across the country, delighting fans with their catchy tunes and electrifying stage presence. It was a memorable experience for both artists and one that helped launch Eilish into the spotlight.
12. In 2018, Billie Eilish won a Grammy Award for Best Engineered Album.
This made her the youngest artist to ever win the category.
Eilish took home the prize for her debut album, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
13. Billie Eilish is the first person born in the 2000s to have a number-one album on the Billboard 200 chart.
That’s pretty impressive, especially when you consider that she’s only 17 years old.
14. In 2021, Billie Eilish won two Grammy Awards.
- Record of the Year for “Everything I Wanted”.
- Best Song Written for Visual Media “No Time to Die”.
15. Billie Eilish is currently working on her second studio album, which is set to be released in 2020.
She has said that the album will be “a lot different” from her previous work. However, she has also said that fans can expect the same level of quality and polish that they’ve come to expect from her music.
16. In March 2020, Billie Eilish was featured on the cover of Vogue magazine.
The world-renowned photographer, Bruce Weber, shot the cover image, in which Eilish dons a Gucci jacket and pants.
17. In May 2020, Billie Eilish released a new song called “My Future”.
The song debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot 100, making Eilish the first artist born in the 2000s to achieve this feat. “My Future” is a heartwarming ballad about looking to the future with hope and optimism.
18. Billie Eilish has said that she is a huge fan of the band Nirvana.
She’s spoken about how much she loves their music and the impact they’ve had on her own life and career. It’s clear that Nirvana is a big influence on Billie, and she’s expressed her admiration for them on numerous occasions.
19. Billie Eilish has also cited American singer-songwriter, Lorde, as one of her biggest influences.
Lorde’s unique voice and lyrics have definitely had an impact on Billie’s own music. Not to mention, both artists are incredibly talented and continue to produce amazing music.
20. When she was younger, Billie Eilish wanted to be a dancer.
However, she gave it up after some time. She discovered that she loved music more than anything else, so she decided to pursue a career in music instead. Since then, she has gone on to achieve massive success in the music industry!
21. Billie Eilish is 5 feet, 4 inches (1.63 m) tall.
She towers above most of her peers. Her height is an asset in her career as a model and actress.
22. Billie Eilish’s favorite color is green.
Every day, she wakes up and sees the world through a green lens. Whether it’s the leaves on the trees or the grass in the park, Billie can’t help but find beauty in the world around her.
23. Billie Eilish’s favorite food is sushi.
The “Bad Guy” singer loves the traditional Japanese dish and often posts photos of her sushi meals on social media. Her fans have even spotted her eating sushi at some of her concerts!
24. Billie Eilish’s favorite animal is a sloth.
READ ALSO: 25 Interesting Facts About Kanye West
She finds them to be very calm and peaceful creatures. She loves their gentle nature and the way they move slowly and gracefully through the trees.
25. Billie Eilish’s favorite TV show is The Office.
She loves the show for its clever writing and relatable characters. She especially enjoys the humor, which often hits close to home.
Billie Eilish is an incredibly talented and successful artist who continues to impress us with her music, artistry, fashion sense, and more.
We hope you enjoyed learning these fun facts about Billie Eilish! From her musical influences to her favorite foods, we’ve learned a lot about the creative force behind some of today’s most popular songs.
If you want to learn even more fun facts about Billie Eilish, keep following along as she continues on this incredible journey in the music industry.
FAQs : Fun Facts About Billie Eilish
- Does Billie Eilish have Tourette's syndrome?
In an engaging interview with David Letterman’s Netflix series, “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction,” the singer discussed their experiences living and performing with Tourette’s syndrome. It was a thoughtful conversation about finding the strength to keep going despite challenges faced by those inhabiting different realities than most people do.
- Why is Billie Eilish so famous?
Billie Eilish is an internationally renowned singer, songwriter, and record producer who achieved tremendous success at a young age.
- How old is Billie Eilish now?
Billie Eilish is a 20-year-old musician and singer-songwriter who has achieved global success in a short span of time.
- Which song made Billie Eilish famous?
Billie Eilish’s song “Ocean Eyes” made her famous around the world. It was released in 2016 when she was just 13 years old, becoming a sleeper hit and propelling her to international fame.
- What is Billie Eilish Favourite Colour?
Despite being a young artist, Billie Eilish is known for her bold style and fashion statements. She often wears black and green outfits and has stated in multiple interviews that green is her favorite color.